Title issues? Not a problem!

Title issues? Not a problem!

If you don’t have a certificate of title, whether it is lost, stolen, or damaged, you don’t need to apply for a duplicate before selling your car. You can simply fill out the relevant sections of the Application for Duplicate or Paperless Title (Form REG 227) and supply it to the buyer. They will need to fill out the section for new registered owners. This form verifies you as the original owner and establishes the buyer as the new owner. If you want to apply for a duplicate certificate of title before you sell the car. It's recommended that you have your own official card before attempting to sell your car in California.

To obtain a duplicate, submit a completed Application for Replacement Plates, Stickers, Documents (Form REG 156) to the CA DMV. You will need to supply the following information: Full legal name, License plate number, Current address, Driver's license number, Signature. There is a $20 DMV fee.



We like to make the experience of selling your car an experience that equals that of purchasing a car. Selling your used vehicle can be a rewarding process as well. Knowing that a vehicle that carried you for hundreds, perhaps thousands of miles, will now go on to be someone else’s transportation is satisfying.


This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.